Will not allow anyone to abolish Article 370: Nati
Srinagar: Ruling National Conference (NC) on Thursday said the party will not allow anyone to abolish the special status of Jammu and Kashmir guaranteed under Article 370 of the constitution.
"I assure you that our party under the leadership of (Chief Minister) Omar Abdullah will never let anyone alter or abolish Article 370," NC provincial president, Kashmir, Nasir Aslam Wani said while addressing party workers at Shangus in south Kashmir`s Anantnag district.
Wani said there are vested interests, who want to change the special status of the state and cautioned people not to "fall prey" to their "machinations".
The NC leader claimed that the opposition PDP can go to "any extent" to grab power and every time their attempt fails, it results in their "cheap theatrics".
"Do not go by their promises. False propaganda and divisive politics is the trait of PDP and it tries to survive on falsehood and blame game", he said.
He added that the NC represents the voice of people of the state and rendering public service equitably and holistically.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video