Will not allow anyone to abolish Article 370: Nati
Srinagar: Ruling National Conference (NC) on Thursday said the party will not allow anyone to abolish the special status of Jammu and Kashmir guaranteed under Article 370 of the constitution.
"I assure you that our party under the leadership of (Chief Minister) Omar Abdullah will never let anyone alter or abolish Article 370," NC provincial president, Kashmir, Nasir Aslam Wani said while addressing party workers at Shangus in south Kashmir`s Anantnag district.
Wani said there are vested interests, who want to change the special status of the state and cautioned people not to "fall prey" to their "machinations".
The NC leader claimed that the opposition PDP can go to "any extent" to grab power and every time their attempt fails, it results in their "cheap theatrics".
"Do not go by their promises. False propaganda and divisive politics is the trait of PDP and it tries to survive on falsehood and blame game", he said.
He added that the NC represents the voice of people of the state and rendering public service equitably and holistically.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch