Will not allow anyone to abolish Article 370: Nati
Srinagar: Ruling National Conference (NC) on Thursday said the party will not allow anyone to abolish the special status of Jammu and Kashmir guaranteed under Article 370 of the constitution.
"I assure you that our party under the leadership of (Chief Minister) Omar Abdullah will never let anyone alter or abolish Article 370," NC provincial president, Kashmir, Nasir Aslam Wani said while addressing party workers at Shangus in south Kashmir`s Anantnag district.
Wani said there are vested interests, who want to change the special status of the state and cautioned people not to "fall prey" to their "machinations".
The NC leader claimed that the opposition PDP can go to "any extent" to grab power and every time their attempt fails, it results in their "cheap theatrics".
"Do not go by their promises. False propaganda and divisive politics is the trait of PDP and it tries to survive on falsehood and blame game", he said.
He added that the NC represents the voice of people of the state and rendering public service equitably and holistically.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal