Will not allow anyone to abolish Article 370: Nati
Srinagar: Ruling National Conference (NC) on Thursday said the party will not allow anyone to abolish the special status of Jammu and Kashmir guaranteed under Article 370 of the constitution.
"I assure you that our party under the leadership of (Chief Minister) Omar Abdullah will never let anyone alter or abolish Article 370," NC provincial president, Kashmir, Nasir Aslam Wani said while addressing party workers at Shangus in south Kashmir`s Anantnag district.
Wani said there are vested interests, who want to change the special status of the state and cautioned people not to "fall prey" to their "machinations".
The NC leader claimed that the opposition PDP can go to "any extent" to grab power and every time their attempt fails, it results in their "cheap theatrics".
"Do not go by their promises. False propaganda and divisive politics is the trait of PDP and it tries to survive on falsehood and blame game", he said.
He added that the NC represents the voice of people of the state and rendering public service equitably and holistically.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- England to go ahead with Bangladesh tour amid security fears
- Donald Trump victory could cause global recession: Citigroup
- US naval ship fired warning shots at Iranian vessel: official
- Cycling: Yates attacks to win Vuelta sixth stage
- Rio Olympics fallout: Swimmer Ryan Lochte charged over false robbery claim