Will not allow anyone to abolish Article 370: National Conference
Srinagar: Ruling National Conference (NC) on Thursday said the party will not allow anyone to abolish the special status of Jammu and Kashmir guaranteed under Article 370 of the constitution.
"I assure you that our party under the leadership of (Chief Minister) Omar Abdullah will never let anyone alter or abolish Article 370," NC provincial president, Kashmir, Nasir Aslam Wani said while addressing party workers at Shangus in south Kashmir`s Anantnag district.
Wani said there are vested interests, who want to change the special status of the state and cautioned people not to "fall prey" to their "machinations".
The NC leader claimed that the opposition PDP can go to "any extent" to grab power and every time their attempt fails, it results in their "cheap theatrics".
"Do not go by their promises. False propaganda and divisive politics is the trait of PDP and it tries to survive on falsehood and blame game", he said.
He added that the NC represents the voice of people of the state and rendering public service equitably and holistically.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP