Will not have any alliance with BJP, says PDP
Srinagar: PDP president Mehbooba Mufti on Tuesday ruled out any electoral alliance with BJP, saying her party will continue pursuing interest of Jammu and Kashmir without joining any dispensation.
"We are not among the parties who drop hints. We have said this and are saying now that we will not have any truck with BJP," PDP president Mehbooba Mufti told reporters here.
"So, whether the next government would be of UPA or BJP, we can persuade them for anything related to Jammu and Kashmir without having an alliance. We do not need to join ourselves with any party," she said.
Mehbooba claimed the National Conference in the past had sprung to defence of the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
"It is nothing new that National Conference would support any party at the Centre be that BJP, Congress or Janata Dal that is not news. If, God forbid, such a thing comes with regards to PDP, then it would be news," she said.
The PDP leader said the party has not thought on joining the Third Front.
"But as far as other alliances like Third Front or fourth front are concerned, we will see that after elections," she said.
She said that Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal`s naming of Farooq Abdullah in the list of "most corrupt" politicians was not surprising.
"It is not surprising for us and to the people of Jammu and Kashmir that Kejriwal has named him (Farooq) in his corruption list".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says