Wish I was in Kashmir Valley to see 2014: Omar
Jammu: Hoping 2014 to be a year of peace, happiness and prosperity, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah wished he was in Kashmir Valley welcoming the new year.
"I wish I was in the Valley tonight to see in 2014, alas it wasn`t to be. Anyway, am not sticking around till midnight, so happy new year," Omar wrote on Twitter last night.
He also wrote, "Here`s hoping 2014 is full of peace, happiness, success & prosperity for all of you. May all your wishes come true. See U guys next year".
On December 30, Omar had posted on the social networking site saying, "Was looking forward to being in the Valley to see in the new year but man proposes & God disposes, looks like the snow will ground me".
Kashmir region and mountainous belts of Jammu received the season`s heaviest snowfall on Tuesday resulting in snapping of Kashmir from rest of the country through surface link-highway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video