Wish I was in Kashmir Valley to see 2014: Omar
Jammu: Hoping 2014 to be a year of peace, happiness and prosperity, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah wished he was in Kashmir Valley welcoming the new year.
"I wish I was in the Valley tonight to see in 2014, alas it wasn`t to be. Anyway, am not sticking around till midnight, so happy new year," Omar wrote on Twitter last night.
He also wrote, "Here`s hoping 2014 is full of peace, happiness, success & prosperity for all of you. May all your wishes come true. See U guys next year".
On December 30, Omar had posted on the social networking site saying, "Was looking forward to being in the Valley to see in the new year but man proposes & God disposes, looks like the snow will ground me".
Kashmir region and mountainous belts of Jammu received the season`s heaviest snowfall on Tuesday resulting in snapping of Kashmir from rest of the country through surface link-highway.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case