Woman chain-snatcher arrested in J&K
Jammu: For the first time, a woman chain-snatcher has been arrested in the winter capital city here for allegedly snatching a gold chain, police said on Wednesday.
The gold chain was recovered from the possession of the accused, they said.
Pooja, who hails from Kerala, snatched a gold chain from an elderly woman Ganesh Kumari of Udhampur last evening in Bakshi Nagar where the accused was presently putting up, police said.
She tried to escape with the chain but the alert flying squad caught her, a police spokesman said.
A case has been registered and an investigation is on.
This is the first case of a woman chain-snatcher being arrested in Jammu, even though several male chain-snatchers have been arrested here in the past.
In a separate incident, a police team intercepted a car sans a registration number on its way from here to Kathua during a routine check and recovered sharp-edged weapons -- sword and a big knife -- last night, a police spokesman said.
A case has been registered against the driver Mohd Sharief of Samba district, the spokesman said, adding that the accused is being interrogated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter