Woman chain-snatcher arrested in J&K
Jammu: For the first time, a woman chain-snatcher has been arrested in the winter capital city here for allegedly snatching a gold chain, police said on Wednesday.
The gold chain was recovered from the possession of the accused, they said.
Pooja, who hails from Kerala, snatched a gold chain from an elderly woman Ganesh Kumari of Udhampur last evening in Bakshi Nagar where the accused was presently putting up, police said.
She tried to escape with the chain but the alert flying squad caught her, a police spokesman said.
A case has been registered and an investigation is on.
This is the first case of a woman chain-snatcher being arrested in Jammu, even though several male chain-snatchers have been arrested here in the past.
In a separate incident, a police team intercepted a car sans a registration number on its way from here to Kathua during a routine check and recovered sharp-edged weapons -- sword and a big knife -- last night, a police spokesman said.
A case has been registered against the driver Mohd Sharief of Samba district, the spokesman said, adding that the accused is being interrogated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet