Woman commits suicide by setting herself ablaze
Srinagar: A 25-year-old woman allegedly committed suicide by setting herself ablaze in Batmaloo area of central Srinagar, police said on Friday.
The woman poured kerosene and set herself on fire at her residence in Mehrajpora locality last night, a police spokesman said.
She was rushed to SMHS hospital where she succumbed to injuries, the spokesman said adding that cause behind the incident is yet to be ascertained.
A case has been registered into the case and further investigations are on, he said.
Meanwhile, body of a woman was recovered by police from a paddy field in Kupwara district of north Kashmir in the wee hours of today.
The woman was found dead in the paddy fields near her rsidence at Wani-Darsoo village of Sogam, 120 kilometres from here, he said.
Investigations are on to ascertain cause of her death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai