Woman commits suicide by setting herself ablaze
Srinagar: A 25-year-old woman allegedly committed suicide by setting herself ablaze in Batmaloo area of central Srinagar, police said on Friday.
The woman poured kerosene and set herself on fire at her residence in Mehrajpora locality last night, a police spokesman said.
She was rushed to SMHS hospital where she succumbed to injuries, the spokesman said adding that cause behind the incident is yet to be ascertained.
A case has been registered into the case and further investigations are on, he said.
Meanwhile, body of a woman was recovered by police from a paddy field in Kupwara district of north Kashmir in the wee hours of today.
The woman was found dead in the paddy fields near her rsidence at Wani-Darsoo village of Sogam, 120 kilometres from here, he said.
Investigations are on to ascertain cause of her death.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India