Woman commits suicide by setting herself ablaze
Srinagar: A 25-year-old woman allegedly committed suicide by setting herself ablaze in Batmaloo area of central Srinagar, police said on Friday.
The woman poured kerosene and set herself on fire at her residence in Mehrajpora locality last night, a police spokesman said.
She was rushed to SMHS hospital where she succumbed to injuries, the spokesman said adding that cause behind the incident is yet to be ascertained.
A case has been registered into the case and further investigations are on, he said.
Meanwhile, body of a woman was recovered by police from a paddy field in Kupwara district of north Kashmir in the wee hours of today.
The woman was found dead in the paddy fields near her rsidence at Wani-Darsoo village of Sogam, 120 kilometres from here, he said.
Investigations are on to ascertain cause of her death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons