Woman dies of heart attack during raid by cops, locals protest
Srinagar: Protests broke out in south Kashmir`s Kulgam area today following death of a woman due to heart attack during a raid by security forces, police sources said.
Nazira Begum (55), suffered a heart attack when a joint team of police and army raided her house late last night, the sources said.
The woman was taken to a hospital but was declared dead on arrival, they said.
However, local residents took to streets this morning to protest the alleged high-handedness of the security forces.
They claimed that the security forces did not follow the standard operating procedure as they did not have any woman cops accompanying them.
The protestors blocked the main road of Kulgam town even as police tried to persuade them to disperse peacefully, the sources said.
Heated arguments between the two sides led to clashes, which were going on till reports last came in.
A police spokesman said the cause of woman`s death is being investigated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal