Woman found dead in Kashmir
Srinagar: A 22-year-old woman, who was allegedly kidnapped last week, was found dead in Pulwama district of south Kashmir, police said on Monday.
The body of the woman was fished out from a stream in village Galbugh, 32-km from here, last evening at the instance of her alleged kidnapper, they said.
Woman`s father Abdul Majid had lodged a complaint on April 10 alleging one Mohammad Yaqoob Rather had abducted her, police said.
A case was registered and raids were conducted to nab the accused, they said adding Rather was finally arrested a few days back.
During questioning, Rather led the police to the stream where the body of the abducted woman was recovered.
The body had been handed over to the family after legal formalities, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Only 15% water left in major reservoirs in India; west, south worst hit'
- Amarnath Yatra: J&K DGP reviews security arrangements
- Eoin Morgan picks Anil Kumble and MS Dhoni in All-time XI, no place for Sachin Tendulkar
- Dominika Cibulkova stuns Agniezka Radwanska, enters Eastbourne final
- Three arrested for forcing Kerala nursing student to drink toilet cleaner