Woman gang-raped in Jaipur hospital
Jaipur: A 24-year-old woman was allegedly gang-raped by five persons at a private hospital in Chomu, a sub-urban town of Jaipur, police said on Thursday.
The woman was gang-raped on September 24.
In an FIR lodged with the Chomu police station, the victim has named five persons; Cheetar Mal Kumawat, Dr Choudhary, Sagar, Atta Khan, and Mukesh Bagar as the main accused, ACP Chomu Pratap Ram Meena said.
A case under various sections of IPC and Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe Act was lodged, he said.
A woman cop with two policemen returned empty handed this morning as the victim was not found at her rented residence near a hotel on Reengus Road in Chomu, the ACP said, adding unless the victim is found for recording her statement, no further action could be taken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid