Woman gives birth in a taxi in Ganderbal
Srinagar: A woman in central Kashmir`s Ganderbal district gave birth to a child in a taxi after she was turned away by a doctor at the government hospital, official sources said.
Amreen, a first time mother, gave birth to a male child while on her way back to Gutlibagh, 12 kilometres from the Ganderbal district headquarter, the sources said.
They said Amreen had gone to see the gynaecologist at the hospital in the morning but was turned back by the doctor saying her due date for delivery was still some time away.
After delivering the baby in the taxi, the mother and the infant were taken back to the Ganderbal hospital. Both of them were reported to be stable and out of danger, the sources said.
Block Medical Officer Mehmooda Kar has ordered an inquiry into the incident following a public outcry against the "negligent" approach of the gynaecologist.
Chief Medical Officer Dildar Mir said he is inquiring into the incident as he was away in a meeting with the Governor at the time of the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why China stalled India's NSG membership?
- DNA: Why China stalled India's NSG membership? - Part II
- DNA : World's first' White Tiger' sanctuary opens in Madhya Pradesh
- DNA: World's first' White Tiger' sanctuary opens in Madhya Pradesh - Part II
- DNA : Dr. Subhash Chandra Show on tips for successful life
- Dominika Cibulkova stuns Agniezka Radwanska, enters Eastbourne final
- Three arrested for forcing Kerala nursing student to drink toilet cleaner
- Copa-Euro showdown: Proposal made for match between Copa America and Euro 2016 winners
- World doping watchdog WADA shuts down Rio Olympic lab
- 'What is the EU?' searches spike on Google after shattering Brexit vote