Woman gives birth in a taxi in Ganderbal
Srinagar: A woman in central Kashmir`s Ganderbal district gave birth to a child in a taxi after she was turned away by a doctor at the government hospital, official sources said.
Amreen, a first time mother, gave birth to a male child while on her way back to Gutlibagh, 12 kilometres from the Ganderbal district headquarter, the sources said.
They said Amreen had gone to see the gynaecologist at the hospital in the morning but was turned back by the doctor saying her due date for delivery was still some time away.
After delivering the baby in the taxi, the mother and the infant were taken back to the Ganderbal hospital. Both of them were reported to be stable and out of danger, the sources said.
Block Medical Officer Mehmooda Kar has ordered an inquiry into the incident following a public outcry against the "negligent" approach of the gynaecologist.
Chief Medical Officer Dildar Mir said he is inquiring into the incident as he was away in a meeting with the Governor at the time of the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what