Woman jumps to death with child in Chenab river
Jammu: An unidentified woman allegedly committed suicide by jumping into a river along with her child in Akhnoor belt of the district, police said on Sunday.
According to the police, the woman carrying a minor child jumped into river Chenab from a steel bridge in Akhnoor belt yesterday. Her body was recovered today.
Some onlookers tried to rescue her, but in vain, police said, adding that search is on to find the child.
Police said investigation is on to ascertain the woman`s identity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Will look beyond India if blockade doesn't end: Nepal