Woman jumps to death with child in Chenab river
Jammu: An unidentified woman allegedly committed suicide by jumping into a river along with her child in Akhnoor belt of the district, police said on Sunday.
According to the police, the woman carrying a minor child jumped into river Chenab from a steel bridge in Akhnoor belt yesterday. Her body was recovered today.
Some onlookers tried to rescue her, but in vain, police said, adding that search is on to find the child.
Police said investigation is on to ascertain the woman`s identity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers