Woman jumps to death with child in Chenab river
Jammu: An unidentified woman allegedly committed suicide by jumping into a river along with her child in Akhnoor belt of the district, police said on Sunday.
According to the police, the woman carrying a minor child jumped into river Chenab from a steel bridge in Akhnoor belt yesterday. Her body was recovered today.
Some onlookers tried to rescue her, but in vain, police said, adding that search is on to find the child.
Police said investigation is on to ascertain the woman`s identity.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- US, UN condemn Syria hospital bombing in war-ravaged Aleppo
- F-16 to boost precision strike capability in anti-terror operations: Pakistan
- UN Security Council readies North Korea missile test reply
- US Vice President Joe Biden on surprise visit to Iraq
- Panama papers scandal: Russia to join global fight against tax evasion