Woman jumps to death with child in Chenab river
Jammu: An unidentified woman allegedly committed suicide by jumping into a river along with her child in Akhnoor belt of the district, police said on Sunday.
According to the police, the woman carrying a minor child jumped into river Chenab from a steel bridge in Akhnoor belt yesterday. Her body was recovered today.
Some onlookers tried to rescue her, but in vain, police said, adding that search is on to find the child.
Police said investigation is on to ascertain the woman`s identity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites