Woman panchayat member wounded in militant attack in Sopore
Srinagar: In the second incident in as many days, suspected militants shot at and injured a woman panchayat member in Sopore area in Baramulla district of north Kashmir.
Militants shot Zoona, wife of Mohammad Ramzan, in the neck at her house at Hardshiva Sopore, some 52-km from here, police said.
The woman panchayat member was taken to a hospital in Sopore but was referred here for treatment.
This is second attack on panchayat members in as many days in Sopore.
Militants yesterday shot dead sarpanch Habibullah Mir in Sopore.
In south Kashmir, ultras shot dead a civilian after abducting him in Pulwama district.
The militants kidnapped Mohammad Shafi Dar, a contractor by profession, from his native Aglar village in Pulwama, at around 5 pm yesterday, police said.
Dar`s bullet-riddled body was recovered from a nearby village late last night.
No militant outfit has claimed responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days