Woman panchayat member wounded in militant attack in Sopore
Srinagar: In the second incident in as many days, suspected militants shot at and injured a woman panchayat member in Sopore area in Baramulla district of north Kashmir.
Militants shot Zoona, wife of Mohammad Ramzan, in the neck at her house at Hardshiva Sopore, some 52-km from here, police said.
The woman panchayat member was taken to a hospital in Sopore but was referred here for treatment.
This is second attack on panchayat members in as many days in Sopore.
Militants yesterday shot dead sarpanch Habibullah Mir in Sopore.
In south Kashmir, ultras shot dead a civilian after abducting him in Pulwama district.
The militants kidnapped Mohammad Shafi Dar, a contractor by profession, from his native Aglar village in Pulwama, at around 5 pm yesterday, police said.
Dar`s bullet-riddled body was recovered from a nearby village late last night.
No militant outfit has claimed responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre