Woman separatist group stages protest against Sopore killings
Srinagar: A woman separatist group on Friday held a demonstration here against the killing of two teenaged girls by suspected Lashkar-e-Toiba militants in Sopore town of north Kashmir earlier this week.
Zamrooda Habib of Muslim Khwateen Markaz (Muslim Women Centre), a constituent of the hardline faction of Hurriyat Conference, accompanied by her party members led a protest in Sringar`s commercial nerve centre Lal Chowk against the killing of the two sisters.
The activists carried placards and shouted slogans demanding justice for the two slain girls. "We protested against the inhuman killing of two innocent girls. Anyone
involved in the killing should be brought to justice," Zamrooda said.
Police said that the two girls were killed by the militants of Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) but a spokesman of the banned outfit denied the allegations.
The hardline Hurriyat leader Syed Ali Shah Geelong called for a shutdown today in Sopore against the killing of two girls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic