Woman separatist group stages protest against Sopore killings
Srinagar: A woman separatist group on Friday held a demonstration here against the killing of two teenaged girls by suspected Lashkar-e-Toiba militants in Sopore town of north Kashmir earlier this week.
Zamrooda Habib of Muslim Khwateen Markaz (Muslim Women Centre), a constituent of the hardline faction of Hurriyat Conference, accompanied by her party members led a protest in Sringar`s commercial nerve centre Lal Chowk against the killing of the two sisters.
The activists carried placards and shouted slogans demanding justice for the two slain girls. "We protested against the inhuman killing of two innocent girls. Anyone
involved in the killing should be brought to justice," Zamrooda said.
Police said that the two girls were killed by the militants of Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) but a spokesman of the banned outfit denied the allegations.
The hardline Hurriyat leader Syed Ali Shah Geelong called for a shutdown today in Sopore against the killing of two girls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot