Woman SPO among couple detained in arms racket in Poonch
Jammu: A woman Special Police Officer (SPO) and
her husband were detained in connection with an arms racket in
Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said on Monday.
SPO Safeeda Bi and her husband Mehmood Ahmed were detained
from Dera Dabsi village in Mendhar belt of the district last
night, they said.
Information about the couple`s involvement was given by
three persons, including a policeman and a jawan, arrested in
connection with smuggling and selling of weapons in Mendhar.
The three persons -- Liaqat Hussain, Parvaiz Ahmed and
Mahroof Ahmed -- were apprehended by police on April 22 and
two pistols and magazines made in Pakistan were recovered from
Hussain, from Balakote, is serving in the 156 Territorial
Army Battalion while policeman Mahroof Ahmed and Special
Police Officer (SPO) Parvaiz Ahmed work with the Special
Operation Group (SOG), Mendhar, they said.
All the three accused have been arrested and a case has been
registered. Further investigation is going on, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh