Woman SPO among couple detained in arms racket in Poonch
Jammu: A woman Special Police Officer (SPO) and
her husband were detained in connection with an arms racket in
Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said on Monday.
SPO Safeeda Bi and her husband Mehmood Ahmed were detained
from Dera Dabsi village in Mendhar belt of the district last
night, they said.
Information about the couple`s involvement was given by
three persons, including a policeman and a jawan, arrested in
connection with smuggling and selling of weapons in Mendhar.
The three persons -- Liaqat Hussain, Parvaiz Ahmed and
Mahroof Ahmed -- were apprehended by police on April 22 and
two pistols and magazines made in Pakistan were recovered from
Hussain, from Balakote, is serving in the 156 Territorial
Army Battalion while policeman Mahroof Ahmed and Special
Police Officer (SPO) Parvaiz Ahmed work with the Special
Operation Group (SOG), Mendhar, they said.
All the three accused have been arrested and a case has been
registered. Further investigation is going on, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands