Woman`s body recovered from Jhelum river
Srinagar: The body of a woman who allegedly
drowned two days ago was fished out from river Jhelum in north Kashmir`s Bandipora district, police said.
The body of Bisma Bano, hailing from Takanwari here, was
recovered from the river near Ganyari Ajas village in
Bandipora district, a police spokesman said.
Bano had drowned in river Jhelum on March 30 at Takanwari, he added.
The body has been handed over to her family members
and inquest proceedings under section 174 CrPC have been
initiated, said the spokesman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam