Woman`s body recovered from Jhelum river
Srinagar: The body of a woman who allegedly
drowned two days ago was fished out from river Jhelum in north Kashmir`s Bandipora district, police said.
The body of Bisma Bano, hailing from Takanwari here, was
recovered from the river near Ganyari Ajas village in
Bandipora district, a police spokesman said.
Bano had drowned in river Jhelum on March 30 at Takanwari, he added.
The body has been handed over to her family members
and inquest proceedings under section 174 CrPC have been
initiated, said the spokesman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened