Women outperform men in JK civil services exam
Srinagar: Women outperform men in the coveted Kashmir Administrative services civil examination, bagging nine of the top 10 positions.
Mohit Raina bagged the first position in examination, the result of which was declared yesterday, becoming the only male candidate to make it to the top 10, officials said.
Pooja Rasgotra got the second rank, followed by Anissa at the third spot.
The General Administration Department had referred 142 vacancies of different gazetted services to the Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission (JKPSC) last year.
The JKPSC conducted the preliminary examination in September 2011. Of the 21,414 candidates appeared, 3,555 qualified for the mains, a spokesman said.
He said 503 candidates qualified for the interview and commission selected 142 among them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das