Women outperform men in JK civil services exam
Srinagar: Women outperform men in the coveted Kashmir Administrative services civil examination, bagging nine of the top 10 positions.
Mohit Raina bagged the first position in examination, the result of which was declared yesterday, becoming the only male candidate to make it to the top 10, officials said.
Pooja Rasgotra got the second rank, followed by Anissa at the third spot.
The General Administration Department had referred 142 vacancies of different gazetted services to the Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission (JKPSC) last year.
The JKPSC conducted the preliminary examination in September 2011. Of the 21,414 candidates appeared, 3,555 qualified for the mains, a spokesman said.
He said 503 candidates qualified for the interview and commission selected 142 among them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Fire at police station near Chennai's Marina Beach; police disperse protesters