Women outperform men in JK civil services exam
Srinagar: Women outperform men in the coveted Kashmir Administrative services civil examination, bagging nine of the top 10 positions.
Mohit Raina bagged the first position in examination, the result of which was declared yesterday, becoming the only male candidate to make it to the top 10, officials said.
Pooja Rasgotra got the second rank, followed by Anissa at the third spot.
The General Administration Department had referred 142 vacancies of different gazetted services to the Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission (JKPSC) last year.
The JKPSC conducted the preliminary examination in September 2011. Of the 21,414 candidates appeared, 3,555 qualified for the mains, a spokesman said.
He said 503 candidates qualified for the interview and commission selected 142 among them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons