Women stage dharna against irregularities in NRHM
Kathua: A group of women on Wednesday sat on a
dharna in front of Kathua chief medical officer (CMO)`s office
protesting the irregularities in the appointment of health
workers under National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) in the
The protesters raised slogans against the health
administration and pressed for an immediate filling of the
vacant posts, failing which they have threatened to go for a
hunger-strike from tomorrow.
"We will go on a hunger strike if the administration
does not appoint the multipurpose health workers. They quashed
the list last year following accusations of malpractice in the
appointments. But since then they have not filled the 15
vacant positions," claimed one of the protesting women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice