Women stage dharna against irregularities in NRHM
Kathua: A group of women on Wednesday sat on a
dharna in front of Kathua chief medical officer (CMO)`s office
protesting the irregularities in the appointment of health
workers under National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) in the
The protesters raised slogans against the health
administration and pressed for an immediate filling of the
vacant posts, failing which they have threatened to go for a
hunger-strike from tomorrow.
"We will go on a hunger strike if the administration
does not appoint the multipurpose health workers. They quashed
the list last year following accusations of malpractice in the
appointments. But since then they have not filled the 15
vacant positions," claimed one of the protesting women.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!