Women stage dharna against irregularities in NRHM
Kathua: A group of women on Wednesday sat on a
dharna in front of Kathua chief medical officer (CMO)`s office
protesting the irregularities in the appointment of health
workers under National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) in the
The protesters raised slogans against the health
administration and pressed for an immediate filling of the
vacant posts, failing which they have threatened to go for a
hunger-strike from tomorrow.
"We will go on a hunger strike if the administration
does not appoint the multipurpose health workers. They quashed
the list last year following accusations of malpractice in the
appointments. But since then they have not filled the 15
vacant positions," claimed one of the protesting women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'