Women`s quota bill needs consensus of Assembly: J-K Govt
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Government
on Tuesday said the Women`s Reservation Bill needs the consensus of
the state Assembly for its passage in the state.
"The Women`s Reservation Bill needs the consensus of
the entire House and all political parties, as it requires a
constitutional amendment," the State Finance Minister, Abdul
Rahim Rather told Legislative Assembly here today.
Rajya Sabha had already this passed the bill in the
month of February this year.
He said the government has started many women specific
schemes and even concept of gender budgeting has been
"The Bill on Violence against Women was introduced in
the House few days ago," Rather said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested