Women`s quota bill needs consensus of Assembly: J-K Govt
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Government
on Tuesday said the Women`s Reservation Bill needs the consensus of
the state Assembly for its passage in the state.
"The Women`s Reservation Bill needs the consensus of
the entire House and all political parties, as it requires a
constitutional amendment," the State Finance Minister, Abdul
Rahim Rather told Legislative Assembly here today.
Rajya Sabha had already this passed the bill in the
month of February this year.
He said the government has started many women specific
schemes and even concept of gender budgeting has been
"The Bill on Violence against Women was introduced in
the House few days ago," Rather said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie