Women`s quota bill needs consensus of Assembly: J-K Govt
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Government
on Tuesday said the Women`s Reservation Bill needs the consensus of
the state Assembly for its passage in the state.
"The Women`s Reservation Bill needs the consensus of
the entire House and all political parties, as it requires a
constitutional amendment," the State Finance Minister, Abdul
Rahim Rather told Legislative Assembly here today.
Rajya Sabha had already this passed the bill in the
month of February this year.
He said the government has started many women specific
schemes and even concept of gender budgeting has been
"The Bill on Violence against Women was introduced in
the House few days ago," Rather said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj