Women`s quota bill needs consensus of Assembly: J-K Govt
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Government
on Tuesday said the Women`s Reservation Bill needs the consensus of
the state Assembly for its passage in the state.
"The Women`s Reservation Bill needs the consensus of
the entire House and all political parties, as it requires a
constitutional amendment," the State Finance Minister, Abdul
Rahim Rather told Legislative Assembly here today.
Rajya Sabha had already this passed the bill in the
month of February this year.
He said the government has started many women specific
schemes and even concept of gender budgeting has been
"The Bill on Violence against Women was introduced in
the House few days ago," Rather said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price