Workers` body seeks 7 per cent DA for employees
Jammu: A workers` body here Sunday demanded announcement of the pending installment of seven per cent dearness allowance due from July this year for both Central and state government employees.
The National Mazdoor Conference (NMC) urged upon Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to take steps in this regard during the next Cabinet meeting of the government.
NMC president Subash Shastri said the salaried class was facing lot of economic hardship due to high inflation and price rise and the release of DA will be a genuine measure to provide some relief to them.
He also sought formulation of a National Pay Policy covering all Central and state government employees of the country.
Shastri also demanded the merger of 50 per cent DA of state government employees into their basic pay and pension as recommended by Fourth Pay Commission`s report in 1986.
He also demanded enhancement in the wages of daily wage workers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state