Workers` body seeks 7 per cent DA for employees
Jammu: A workers` body here Sunday demanded announcement of the pending installment of seven per cent dearness allowance due from July this year for both Central and state government employees.
The National Mazdoor Conference (NMC) urged upon Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to take steps in this regard during the next Cabinet meeting of the government.
NMC president Subash Shastri said the salaried class was facing lot of economic hardship due to high inflation and price rise and the release of DA will be a genuine measure to provide some relief to them.
He also sought formulation of a National Pay Policy covering all Central and state government employees of the country.
Shastri also demanded the merger of 50 per cent DA of state government employees into their basic pay and pension as recommended by Fourth Pay Commission`s report in 1986.
He also demanded enhancement in the wages of daily wage workers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living