Workshop for released militants in Baramullah
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir police has organised a day-long workshop for 150 released militants in Baramulla district as part of efforts to draft a long term rehabilitation plan for them.
A team of counselors, social workers and doctors from the police drug de-addiction center interacted with the former militants yesterday during the event at District Police Lines, an official spokesman said.
The aim was to assess the psycho-social needs of the "affected population" and draft a plan for long term intervention, he said.
It was decided that the released militants will themselves identify areas where they need help of the police, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday