Workshop for released militants in Baramullah
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir police has organised a day-long workshop for 150 released militants in Baramulla district as part of efforts to draft a long term rehabilitation plan for them.
A team of counselors, social workers and doctors from the police drug de-addiction center interacted with the former militants yesterday during the event at District Police Lines, an official spokesman said.
The aim was to assess the psycho-social needs of the "affected population" and draft a plan for long term intervention, he said.
It was decided that the released militants will themselves identify areas where they need help of the police, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country