Xth standard results leaked in J&K
Srinagar: The results of the 10th standard
examination held by the Jammu and Kashmir Board of School
Education in the state in October last year were leaked on Tuesday,
a day before being officially announced.
The results could be accessed in the wee hours today
through a link on social networking site Facebook that
connected to the official website of the J&K Board of
A senior official of the Jammu and Kashmir Board of
School Education, which conducts all the school examinations
in the state, expressed surprise that the results were leaked
before being declared officially.
"The results were to be declared tomorrow," he said.
Jammu and Kashmir Education Department officials held a
meeting to fix responsibility for the leaking of the results,
the official said.
Shabir Ahmad Bhat, a student who appeared for the
examination, said he got a call from his friend at 4.00 am
telling him about the results.
"The link was connected to the official website of the
J&K Board of School Education but could only be accessed
through Facebook," Bhat said.
However, according to some students, the link was later
taken off the website.
"Some friends accessed the result through a link on
Facebook in the wee hours today and asked me to do the same.
However, when I clicked on the link it had been removed,"
Gousia, another candidate, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport