Xth standard results leaked in J&K
Srinagar: The results of the 10th standard
examination held by the Jammu and Kashmir Board of School
Education in the state in October last year were leaked on Tuesday,
a day before being officially announced.
The results could be accessed in the wee hours today
through a link on social networking site Facebook that
connected to the official website of the J&K Board of
A senior official of the Jammu and Kashmir Board of
School Education, which conducts all the school examinations
in the state, expressed surprise that the results were leaked
before being declared officially.
"The results were to be declared tomorrow," he said.
Jammu and Kashmir Education Department officials held a
meeting to fix responsibility for the leaking of the results,
the official said.
Shabir Ahmad Bhat, a student who appeared for the
examination, said he got a call from his friend at 4.00 am
telling him about the results.
"The link was connected to the official website of the
J&K Board of School Education but could only be accessed
through Facebook," Bhat said.
However, according to some students, the link was later
taken off the website.
"Some friends accessed the result through a link on
Facebook in the wee hours today and asked me to do the same.
However, when I clicked on the link it had been removed,"
Gousia, another candidate, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued