Yasin Malik, 4 others taken into preventive custody in J&K
Srinagar: JKLF Chairman Mohammad Yasin Malik and four other separatist leaders of the outfit were placed under preventive custody on Sunday when they were heading towards Sumbal area where two youths were allegedly killed in Army firing.
"Malik along with Showkat Ahmad Bakhshi, Bashir Ahmad Kashmiri, Shahid Makaya and Javed Ahmad Mir were detained at Sumbal," a spokesman of Jammu Kashmir Liberation Front said.
He said Malik was on his way to Markundal village in Sumbal to condole the families of the two youths killed in the firing incident this morning.
The JKLF has called for a complete shutdown in Kashmir tomorrow to protest against the killings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest