Yasin Malik, 4 others taken into preventive custody in J&K
Srinagar: JKLF Chairman Mohammad Yasin Malik and four other separatist leaders of the outfit were placed under preventive custody on Sunday when they were heading towards Sumbal area where two youths were allegedly killed in Army firing.
"Malik along with Showkat Ahmad Bakhshi, Bashir Ahmad Kashmiri, Shahid Makaya and Javed Ahmad Mir were detained at Sumbal," a spokesman of Jammu Kashmir Liberation Front said.
He said Malik was on his way to Markundal village in Sumbal to condole the families of the two youths killed in the firing incident this morning.
The JKLF has called for a complete shutdown in Kashmir tomorrow to protest against the killings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested