Yasin Malik, 4 others taken into preventive custody in J&K
Srinagar: JKLF Chairman Mohammad Yasin Malik and four other separatist leaders of the outfit were placed under preventive custody on Sunday when they were heading towards Sumbal area where two youths were allegedly killed in Army firing.
"Malik along with Showkat Ahmad Bakhshi, Bashir Ahmad Kashmiri, Shahid Makaya and Javed Ahmad Mir were detained at Sumbal," a spokesman of Jammu Kashmir Liberation Front said.
He said Malik was on his way to Markundal village in Sumbal to condole the families of the two youths killed in the firing incident this morning.
The JKLF has called for a complete shutdown in Kashmir tomorrow to protest against the killings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi