Yasin Malik accuses Delhi Police of murderous assault on him
Srinagar: JKLF chairman Mohammad Yasin Malik on Monday accused the Delhi Police of making a murderous assault on him in the national capital where he had proposed to hold a hunger strike to press for the return of Afzal Guru`s mortal remains.
"I was dragged by my hair by the Delhi Police from the car of my friends and forced into another vehicle. My friends were beaten and we were shifted to a police station near the airport. It was virtually a murderous attack on me," he told reporters here.
Malik had planned a 48-hour hunger strike at the Jantar Mantar in Delhi on May three to press for the return of mortal remains of Parliament attack convict Guru, who was hanged in Tihar Jail, and JKLF founder Maqbool Bhat and quashing of life sentences awarded to Kashmiri prisoners.
However, he was detained by the Delhi Police and put on a Srinagar-bound plane. Immediately after his arrival in the summer capital, he was taken into preventive custody and was lodged at Kothi Bagh Police Station here for two days.
Announcing fresh protest, the separatist leader said "we will hold hunger strike at Maisuma from May 24 to 26 in support of our demand for mortal remains of Guru and Bhat."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested