Yasin Malik appeals KP migrants to return to valley
Srinagar: Separatist leader Mohammad Yasin
Malik today appealed to Kashmiri pandit migrants to return to
their homes, saying the people of the valley would do
everything possible to safeguard their interests.
"The minorities living in the valley are not here because
of the government backing, but they stayed back because of
cooperation and support of the Muslim neighbours," Malik, who
heads Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF), told a
gathering at Gawkadal
"We are Muslims and are fully aware of the teachings of
Islam that calls for protection to minorities. We have neither
forget our responsibility nor will compromise over the issue,"
he said appealing migrant pandits to return to their homes in
"Like in the past, the Muslims would continue to lend
their cooperation and support to minorities," Malik added.
Calling for early resolution of Kashmir issue, the JKLF
leader said India, Pakistan and the world should speed up
their efforts to address the issue peacefully.
"The Kashmiris struggle has witnessed a positive change
last year..the change which is historic as it was a transition
from violence to non-violence. We want the entire world
including India and Pakistan to understand this positive shift
and speed up efforts to resolve the dangerous Kashmir issue on
priority basis," Malik said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'