Yasin Malik heckled by protestors in Delhi
New Delhi: The Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) chairman Yasin Malik was heckled by a group of protestors on Monday during the two-day India-Pakistan peace conference being held at India International Center (IIC) here.
According to reports, the separatist leader was delivering a key-note speech on the road map towards peace between the two hostile nations, when he was interrupted by some unidentified youths.
What started as a normal interaction with the JKLF leader soon turned out to be an altercation where in Malik was accused of supporting anti-India activities, misguiding people and politicising sensational issues just in the name of building peace.
The protestors then raised slogans against Malik. In the full glare of media, Malik was accused of raping a nurse and escaping justice due to his political influence.
However, the Delhi Police later arrested two protestors, they are now being interrogated.
The police also had to resort to mild lathi charge to disperse the agitating crowd.
India-Pak Conference: A Road Map towards Peace’ is being organized by a number of organizations and eminent people in India at the India International Center (IIC) from 10-12 January 2010.
Eminent speakers like Aitzaz Ahsan, Asma Jehangir, Ayesha Siddiqua, IA Rehman from Pakistan and Kuldip Nayar, Salman Haider, Admiral Ramdas, Mahesh Bhatt, Muchkund Dubey are participating in the conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray