Yasin Malik heckled by protestors in Delhi
New Delhi: The Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) chairman Yasin Malik was heckled by a group of protestors on Monday during the two-day India-Pakistan peace conference being held at India International Center (IIC) here.
According to reports, the separatist leader was delivering a key-note speech on the road map towards peace between the two hostile nations, when he was interrupted by some unidentified youths.
What started as a normal interaction with the JKLF leader soon turned out to be an altercation where in Malik was accused of supporting anti-India activities, misguiding people and politicising sensational issues just in the name of building peace.
The protestors then raised slogans against Malik. In the full glare of media, Malik was accused of raping a nurse and escaping justice due to his political influence.
However, the Delhi Police later arrested two protestors, they are now being interrogated.
The police also had to resort to mild lathi charge to disperse the agitating crowd.
India-Pak Conference: A Road Map towards Peace’ is being organized by a number of organizations and eminent people in India at the India International Center (IIC) from 10-12 January 2010.
Eminent speakers like Aitzaz Ahsan, Asma Jehangir, Ayesha Siddiqua, IA Rehman from Pakistan and Kuldip Nayar, Salman Haider, Admiral Ramdas, Mahesh Bhatt, Muchkund Dubey are participating in the conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!