Young Major`s family in shock as they await his body
Hyderabad: Major J Suresh Suri, who was
killed in a fierce gun-battle with militants in north Kashmir,
had planned to celebrate his birthday on October 5 with his
wife whom he married last year.
Instead the family is awaiting his body, which will be
brought to his native place here.
Suri (30) sacrificed his life fighting militants at
Bandipora in north Kashmir yesterday. He was posted there a
His wife S Pallavi had arrived at the 13 Rashtriya Rifles
regimental centre in Manasbal a few days ago to be with him on
Suri`s mother Girija, a teacher at Central school at
Golconda here was inconsolable after the news broke out. A
resident of Vani Nagar in Malkajgiri here, she was taken to
her daughter`s house in nearby locality by the relatives.
His father late Subba Rao also worked in the army.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren