Young Major`s family in shock as they await his body
Hyderabad: Major J Suresh Suri, who was
killed in a fierce gun-battle with militants in north Kashmir,
had planned to celebrate his birthday on October 5 with his
wife whom he married last year.
Instead the family is awaiting his body, which will be
brought to his native place here.
Suri (30) sacrificed his life fighting militants at
Bandipora in north Kashmir yesterday. He was posted there a
His wife S Pallavi had arrived at the 13 Rashtriya Rifles
regimental centre in Manasbal a few days ago to be with him on
Suri`s mother Girija, a teacher at Central school at
Golconda here was inconsolable after the news broke out. A
resident of Vani Nagar in Malkajgiri here, she was taken to
her daughter`s house in nearby locality by the relatives.
His father late Subba Rao also worked in the army.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!