Young Major`s family in shock as they await his body
Hyderabad: Major J Suresh Suri, who was
killed in a fierce gun-battle with militants in north Kashmir,
had planned to celebrate his birthday on October 5 with his
wife whom he married last year.
Instead the family is awaiting his body, which will be
brought to his native place here.
Suri (30) sacrificed his life fighting militants at
Bandipora in north Kashmir yesterday. He was posted there a
His wife S Pallavi had arrived at the 13 Rashtriya Rifles
regimental centre in Manasbal a few days ago to be with him on
Suri`s mother Girija, a teacher at Central school at
Golconda here was inconsolable after the news broke out. A
resident of Vani Nagar in Malkajgiri here, she was taken to
her daughter`s house in nearby locality by the relatives.
His father late Subba Rao also worked in the army.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?