Young Major`s family in shock as they await his body
Hyderabad: Major J Suresh Suri, who was
killed in a fierce gun-battle with militants in north Kashmir,
had planned to celebrate his birthday on October 5 with his
wife whom he married last year.
Instead the family is awaiting his body, which will be
brought to his native place here.
Suri (30) sacrificed his life fighting militants at
Bandipora in north Kashmir yesterday. He was posted there a
His wife S Pallavi had arrived at the 13 Rashtriya Rifles
regimental centre in Manasbal a few days ago to be with him on
Suri`s mother Girija, a teacher at Central school at
Golconda here was inconsolable after the news broke out. A
resident of Vani Nagar in Malkajgiri here, she was taken to
her daughter`s house in nearby locality by the relatives.
His father late Subba Rao also worked in the army.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender