Youth arrested for raping minor, circulating MMS
Jammu: A youth was arrested from Jammu and Kashmir`s Rajouri district for allegedly raping a Class X girl student, filming the crime and posting it on the internet.
"We have arrested Sajjad Khan from Thanamandi area for rape and circulation of pornographic material," Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Rajouri, Mubassir Latifi said.
"The victim was raped and the accused had taken her pictures and video clip and spread them through the Internet," he said.
According to the complaint made by the girl at Thanamandi Police Station on July 2, she was administered sedatives by the accused and later raped.
The girl, however, said that she was not aware about filming of the crime.
The girl has reportedly said in her complaint that Khan had been pressuring her to marry him and after repeated denials he raped her about 10-15 days back.
Meanwhile, after the incident when the victim again turned down his demand for marriage, Khan threatened to circulate the film of the crime.
Asked why the incident was not reported earlier, the girl said that she was threatened by the accused and revealed the incident to her parents only after she came to know about the video clip.
The parents alleged that they had approached panchayat for action against the accused, but it in-turn asked them to remain silent over the issue.
"Police registered a case on July 2. The incident however might be 10-15 days old," Latifi said, adding that soon after the complaint the accused was arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...