Youth Cong leader to extends educational support to 6 children
Jammu: To mark party president Sonia Gandhi`s 67th birthday, a Congress youth wing leader in Jammu today announced he has adopted six needy children and will extended full educational support to them.
Congress Jammu youth wing leader Satish Sharma said he will provide them with uniform, books and tuition fee. He called upon the youth to take a pledge on the occasion to strengthen the Congress party as planned by Sonia Gandhi and party vice-president Rahul Gandhi.
Laying emphasise on value-based and ethical education, he urged the state government to frame new education policies and said thrust should be laid on technical and skill education.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi