Youth Congress accuses state govt of shielding corrupt in J&K
Jammu: The Congress youth wing on Sunday accused National Conference-led state government of "shielding the corrupt" and alleged that the ruling dispensation was hand in glove with such elements.
The Youth Congress (YC) unit of Ramnagar in Udhampur district alleged that the government was not taking any steps to nab corrupt officials even after a detailed memorandum submitted to them by the organisation.
"More than four months have elapsed since the YC unit of Ramnagar submitted a memorandums to the state government, but no tangible steps have been taken by it till now, except for routine face-saving enquiries," Pradesh Youth Congress general secretary and head of Ramnagar unit, RS Pathania, said.
"It seems that vested interests within government are hand-in-glove with corrupt elements in Ramnagar and want to stall enquiries regarding gobbling up public money," he alleged.
Interestingly, Congress is part of the ruling coalition government in the state.
Pathania alleged, "loot" was going on in the area and funds received under various centrally sponsored schemes have been misused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez