Youth Congress backs strengthening of panchayats in J&K
Jammu: Asserting that Congress was always in favour of a strong panchayat system in the state, the Jammu and Kashmir Youth Congress on Wednesday said it will step up campaign for implementation of 73rd Amendment of the Constitution.
"We are committed to the empowerment of Panchayats in J&K under provision of the 73rd Amendment," said state Youth Congress chief Shahnawaz Choudhary.
Choudhary also thanked AICC General Secretary Rahul Gandhi for endorsing the demand of strengthening the Panchayati Raj system in the state at par with the rest of the country.
He appreciated the decision to hold elections to the Block Development Councils and expressed hope that maximum powers will be given to Panchayats.
Speaking on the occasion, state Youth Congress vice president Parnav Shagotra said all party members were unanimous over participating in the BDC polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi