Youth Congress backs strengthening of panchayats in J&K
Jammu: Asserting that Congress was always in favour of a strong panchayat system in the state, the Jammu and Kashmir Youth Congress on Wednesday said it will step up campaign for implementation of 73rd Amendment of the Constitution.
"We are committed to the empowerment of Panchayats in J&K under provision of the 73rd Amendment," said state Youth Congress chief Shahnawaz Choudhary.
Choudhary also thanked AICC General Secretary Rahul Gandhi for endorsing the demand of strengthening the Panchayati Raj system in the state at par with the rest of the country.
He appreciated the decision to hold elections to the Block Development Councils and expressed hope that maximum powers will be given to Panchayats.
Speaking on the occasion, state Youth Congress vice president Parnav Shagotra said all party members were unanimous over participating in the BDC polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?