Youth demand commutation of Afzal`s death sentence
Srinagar: A group of youth Wednesday staged a candlelight demonstration here to seek commutation of death sentence of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
"We, the young people of Kashmir, appeal to the President (Pranab Mukherjee) to commute the death sentence of Guru who has already served more than a decade in prison," a demonstrator said.
The youth had assembled at the Press Enclave here under the aegis of "Global Youth Foundation".
"The case should be reinvestigated to unravel the conspiracy behind the attack," Touseef Rana of the foundation said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police