Youth demand commutation of Afzal`s death sentence
Srinagar: A group of youth Wednesday staged a candlelight demonstration here to seek commutation of death sentence of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
"We, the young people of Kashmir, appeal to the President (Pranab Mukherjee) to commute the death sentence of Guru who has already served more than a decade in prison," a demonstrator said.
The youth had assembled at the Press Enclave here under the aegis of "Global Youth Foundation".
"The case should be reinvestigated to unravel the conspiracy behind the attack," Touseef Rana of the foundation said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- WikiLeaks to release 'significant' material on Clinton
- Fernando Alonso praises McLaren as Honda introduce engine upgrades
- Want to get rid of nail biting habit? Try these ways!
- ''Russia pondering alternative games for banned paralympians''
- Mercury's peculiar surface a mystery no more; NASA scientists solve the puzzle!