Youth demand commutation of Afzal`s death sentence
Srinagar: A group of youth Wednesday staged a candlelight demonstration here to seek commutation of death sentence of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
"We, the young people of Kashmir, appeal to the President (Pranab Mukherjee) to commute the death sentence of Guru who has already served more than a decade in prison," a demonstrator said.
The youth had assembled at the Press Enclave here under the aegis of "Global Youth Foundation".
"The case should be reinvestigated to unravel the conspiracy behind the attack," Touseef Rana of the foundation said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi