Youth demand commutation of Afzal`s death sentence
Srinagar: A group of youth Wednesday staged a candlelight demonstration here to seek commutation of death sentence of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
"We, the young people of Kashmir, appeal to the President (Pranab Mukherjee) to commute the death sentence of Guru who has already served more than a decade in prison," a demonstrator said.
The youth had assembled at the Press Enclave here under the aegis of "Global Youth Foundation".
"The case should be reinvestigated to unravel the conspiracy behind the attack," Touseef Rana of the foundation said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'