Youth demand commutation of Afzal`s death sentence
Srinagar: A group of youth Wednesday staged a candlelight demonstration here to seek commutation of death sentence of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
"We, the young people of Kashmir, appeal to the President (Pranab Mukherjee) to commute the death sentence of Guru who has already served more than a decade in prison," a demonstrator said.
The youth had assembled at the Press Enclave here under the aegis of "Global Youth Foundation".
"The case should be reinvestigated to unravel the conspiracy behind the attack," Touseef Rana of the foundation said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report