Youth injured in accidental firing in Rajouri
Jammu: A 20-year old youth was injured allegedly in an accidental firing in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir, a police official said on Wednesday.
There was possibly an accidental fire from a rifle of Village Defence Committee (VDC) member resulting in injury to Sajay Kumar in Bajwal hamlet in Noushera belt of the district late last night, SSP Rajouri Mubassir Latifee said.
Kumar has been hospitalised, Latifee said.
Kustari Lal, the father of the injured youth is also a VDC member, he said.
A case has been registered and investigation is on, he said, adding that further details would be known later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?