Youth injured in accidental firing in Rajouri
Jammu: A 20-year old youth was injured allegedly in an accidental firing in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir, a police official said on Wednesday.
There was possibly an accidental fire from a rifle of Village Defence Committee (VDC) member resulting in injury to Sajay Kumar in Bajwal hamlet in Noushera belt of the district late last night, SSP Rajouri Mubassir Latifee said.
Kumar has been hospitalised, Latifee said.
Kustari Lal, the father of the injured youth is also a VDC member, he said.
A case has been registered and investigation is on, he said, adding that further details would be known later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'