Youth will lead movement for change in next elections: Mufti
Srinagar: Opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) president Mehbooba Mufti on Sunday said the people of Jammu and Kashmir are yearning for a change and youth will lead a movement for it in next year`s elections.
"The youth are emerging as the party’s greatest strength as they see their aspirations and just concerns being adequately accommodated in PDP`s pro-people agenda.
"With youth on the forefront of the new movement, winds of change have already started blowing in the state and it would fructify in 2014," Mufti said while addressing a workers` convention of the party in central Kashmir`s Budgam district.
The youth of Jammu and Kashmir have great expectations with PDP as the party has "represented their just concerns and aspirations in a dignified manner," she said.
"The state`s youth have to play a crucial role in shaping up politically emancipated and economically vibrant future for Jammu and Kashmir and they see PDP as the most appropriate platform to realise that dream. The youth are our party`s strength," she said.
PDP is the only party in the state, which has a separate vision document for the youth - "The Youth Development Policy" - that encompasses various measures for political, social and economic empowerment of the youth, Mufti said.
"The more than two decade long turmoil has not only made the state`s youth to suffer immensely, but also deprived them of the fruits of globalisation and economic liberalisation that swept the region during that period," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'