Youth`s murder: Sarpanch among two arrested
Srinagar: Two persons, including a Sarpanch, were arrested on Wednesday in connection with the murder of a youth during clashes inside a mosque in Ganderbal district of Central Kashmir, police said.
Sarpanch Mohammad Subhan Wani and Ali Mohammad Shiekh were arrested two days after the death of Shabir Ahmad Bhat during clashes inside a mosque over the use of loudspeakers at Sandbal, 30-km from here, they said.
The locals had protested against the killing of the 20-year-old youth, an activist of Jamaat-e-Islami, a religious outfit.
The Jamaat-e-Islami has accused Wani, a National Conference worker, and his supporters of pre-planned murder.
Citing the use of loudspeakers as the reason for the incident is only to divert the attention from the real issue that it was a pre-planned attack on Jammat cadres, a spokesman of the religious organisation said yesterday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended