Youths who jumped into J&K assembly well granted bail
Srinagar: Three youths, who created a flutter by jumping into the well of the Jammu and Kashmir legislative assembly last week, have been granted bail by a city court.
The court of Chief Judicial Magistrate, Srinagar, granted bail to the three youths -- Manish Khajuria, Ambedkar Gupta and Sunny Malhotra -- after their families had moved an application in this regard.
The trio made headlines on October 8 by jumping into the well of the House, demanding implementation of employment policy in the state.
The court rejected the prosecution plea that the offence committed by the youth was of very serious nature and should be deemed as an attack on the highest legislative body of the state.
The youths were arrested following instructions of Speaker of the legislative assembly Mohammad Akbar Lone, who termed their act as contempt of the House.
Lone also ordered initiating proceedings against expelled BJP MLA Jagdish Raj Sapolia, who had facilitated the entry of the youths into the public gallery by getting the required passes.
The youth were associated with a newly-floated political party, Jammu and Kashmir Democratic Front, of which Sapolia is a member.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic