Zardari visit: Omar wants discussion on infiltration
Jammu: With a spurt in incidents of cross-border infiltration, Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday said the issue should be raised during the meet of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari tomorrow.
"We hope that cross-border infiltration, the reports of which we get from time to time-- should be also be talked," Omar said.
The Chief Minister was replying to a question about the aspirations of Jammu and Kashmir attached to the visit.
"We do not have much expectations-- it is a system—I think we ourselves weaken the system when we think that one meeting would solve all problems," he said.
The process of dialogue should continue and this is our biggest hope, he said.
"There are some issues which should be taken forward—we have some Confidence Building Measures (CBMs) which needed to be strengthen-- which includes cross-LoC bus services and cross-LoC trade," Omar said.
As far as cross-LoC trade is concerned, it should be strengthen, he said.
"Our rehabilitation policy under which we want return and rehabilitation of the youth who had gone for arms training across the border and want to come back -- they should be allowed to return," he said.
He further said that the biggest point is that India and Pakistan should hold talks with each other and they should talk in conducive and congenial atmosphere and that will resolve even the biggest issues.
On March 28, five Lashker-e-Toiba militants were killed in Rajwar forests.
Terming the killing as a "major success," the Army yesterday said there will be attempts from across the Line of Control to push in more ultras into the Valley to fill the void.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister