Zardari visit: Omar wants discussion on infiltration
Jammu: With a spurt in incidents of cross-border infiltration, Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday said the issue should be raised during the meet of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari tomorrow.
"We hope that cross-border infiltration, the reports of which we get from time to time-- should be also be talked," Omar said.
The Chief Minister was replying to a question about the aspirations of Jammu and Kashmir attached to the visit.
"We do not have much expectations-- it is a system—I think we ourselves weaken the system when we think that one meeting would solve all problems," he said.
The process of dialogue should continue and this is our biggest hope, he said.
"There are some issues which should be taken forward—we have some Confidence Building Measures (CBMs) which needed to be strengthen-- which includes cross-LoC bus services and cross-LoC trade," Omar said.
As far as cross-LoC trade is concerned, it should be strengthen, he said.
"Our rehabilitation policy under which we want return and rehabilitation of the youth who had gone for arms training across the border and want to come back -- they should be allowed to return," he said.
He further said that the biggest point is that India and Pakistan should hold talks with each other and they should talk in conducive and congenial atmosphere and that will resolve even the biggest issues.
On March 28, five Lashker-e-Toiba militants were killed in Rajwar forests.
Terming the killing as a "major success," the Army yesterday said there will be attempts from across the Line of Control to push in more ultras into the Valley to fill the void.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS
- Salman Khan plans a special birthday party for alleged girlfriend Iulia Vantur? - Know more
- Major water crisis in Chandigarh, Mohali and Panchkula - Know reason behind it