‘Zero infiltration along Indo-Pak border in 2011’
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir recorded "zero
infiltration" for the first time in 2011 despite several
attempts along the Indo-Pak border, police said on Monday.
"2011 is first year that has witnessed `zero infiltration`
(along Indo-Pak border). There has been no infiltration
anywhere along the border in Jammu region," IGP (Jammu Zone)
Dilbagh Singh told reporters here.
"There has been ceasefire violations. There have been
dozens of infiltration attempts but they have not been
successful," he said.
Singh hoped that security along the border would remain
intact and any infiltration bid would be foiled.
He was replying to questions on the security situation
along Indo-Pak border, militancy situation in the zone and
effects of Punjab polls on the security situation in J&K.
To a question about the state of militancy in Jammu
region, Singh said, "It was the best year as far as security,
militancy and peace are concerned."
The IGP claimed no major law and order problem was
reported in the region barring some exceptions during BJP`s
Ekta Yatra, Amarnath yatra and the security challenge posed by
Referring to militancy, he said while Doda and Reasi
districts are free from the menace, there is presence of
militancy in Kishtwar, Rajouri and Poonch, though it is very
marginal in Ramban district of Jammu region.
Singh said 32 listed militants were operating in Jammu
region at present. Police and security forces have eliminated
32 militants, including 11 top commanders last year, he said,
adding that due to fear of security forces, militants have
"But our endeavour is to stamp out militancy completely
from the region," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- Woman set ablaze in UP, Akhilesh orders magisterial probe
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi