11 get life term in 17-year-old murder case in Jharkhand
Giridih: A local court on Monday sentenced 11 persons to life imprisonment for murdering a man nearly 17 years ago following a land dispute.
Giridih district judge (II) Arun Kumar Singh convicted 29 people in the case and awarded life imprisonment to 11 while, 10 years prison terms to the rest of the accused.
The court also slapped a fine of Rs 20,000 on each of those awarded life imprisonment and Rs 10,000 on the other convicts.
A total of 31 people were accused of killing Harhar Rawani at Karichatan village under Jamua police station in the district, in 1996, over a piece of land. Two of the accused died during the course of trial.
Rawani`s father had escaped with injuries in that attack on October 7, 1996.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference