11 killed in jeep-truck collision
Jagannathpur: Eleven persons were
killed and one was critically injured when a jeep collided
head on with a truck at Jagannathpur area of Jharkhand`s West
Singhbhum district this evening.
Superintendent of Police Akhilesh Kumar Jha said all the
11, including a four-year-old child and six women, died on the
spot near Jagannathpur Inter College at Badananda locality on
It was yet to be ascertained whether the victims belonged
to one family.
Local people and the police extricated the bodies out of
the vehicle which overturned and was badly damaged following
The driver of the jeep was critically injured and admitted
The driver of the truck left his vehicle and fled after
the accident, Jha said.
Traffic on the road was disrupted after the accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US