11 killed in jeep-truck collision
Jagannathpur: Eleven persons were
killed and one was critically injured when a jeep collided
head on with a truck at Jagannathpur area of Jharkhand`s West
Singhbhum district this evening.
Superintendent of Police Akhilesh Kumar Jha said all the
11, including a four-year-old child and six women, died on the
spot near Jagannathpur Inter College at Badananda locality on
It was yet to be ascertained whether the victims belonged
to one family.
Local people and the police extricated the bodies out of
the vehicle which overturned and was badly damaged following
The driver of the jeep was critically injured and admitted
The driver of the truck left his vehicle and fled after
the accident, Jha said.
Traffic on the road was disrupted after the accident.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Supreme Court approves single common entrance test for medical courses; NEET to be conducted in two phases
- VVIP chopper scam: Italian firm paid Rs 50 cr to 'manage' media
- Top Islamic State operative killed in Lebanon
- Bipasha Basu – Karan Singh Grover wedding: The countdown has officially begun
- Syrian army set for offensive to retake Aleppo: Report