11 killed in jeep-truck collision
Jagannathpur: Eleven persons were
killed and one was critically injured when a jeep collided
head on with a truck at Jagannathpur area of Jharkhand`s West
Singhbhum district this evening.
Superintendent of Police Akhilesh Kumar Jha said all the
11, including a four-year-old child and six women, died on the
spot near Jagannathpur Inter College at Badananda locality on
It was yet to be ascertained whether the victims belonged
to one family.
Local people and the police extricated the bodies out of
the vehicle which overturned and was badly damaged following
The driver of the jeep was critically injured and admitted
The driver of the truck left his vehicle and fled after
the accident, Jha said.
Traffic on the road was disrupted after the accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- DNA: Analysing how plastics are devastating our health silently
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'