12 Maoists killed in Jharkhand encounter
Jamshedpur: Around 12 Maoists have been
killed in the massive anti-Naxal operation launched jointly by security forces of Jharkhand and Orissa since Saturday in Saranda forest, a top police official said Monday.
Jharkhand Director General of Police Neyaz Ahmad said
that ten to 12 Maoists have been killed since Saturday, with
some of the bodies having been found.
Meanwhile, the Maoists blew up a hostel and panchayat
bhawan at Anandpur and triggered three landmine blasts in the
Tirilposhi jungle this morning, CRPF DIG Bhanu Pratap Singh
Security personnel had camped at the panchayat bhawan and hostel nearly two months ago.
Two helicopters, CRPF personnel, CoBRA personnel,
state armed police and district police together with
security men of neighbouring Orissa were taking part in the
The security personnel smashed two training camps, a
bunker and seized two weapons and five grenades.
Three securitymen have been killed in the operations
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...