12 Maoists killed in Jharkhand encounter
Jamshedpur: Around 12 Maoists have been
killed in the massive anti-Naxal operation launched jointly by security forces of Jharkhand and Orissa since Saturday in Saranda forest, a top police official said Monday.
Jharkhand Director General of Police Neyaz Ahmad said
that ten to 12 Maoists have been killed since Saturday, with
some of the bodies having been found.
Meanwhile, the Maoists blew up a hostel and panchayat
bhawan at Anandpur and triggered three landmine blasts in the
Tirilposhi jungle this morning, CRPF DIG Bhanu Pratap Singh
Security personnel had camped at the panchayat bhawan and hostel nearly two months ago.
Two helicopters, CRPF personnel, CoBRA personnel,
state armed police and district police together with
security men of neighbouring Orissa were taking part in the
The security personnel smashed two training camps, a
bunker and seized two weapons and five grenades.
Three securitymen have been killed in the operations
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen