12 Maoists killed in Jharkhand encounter
Jamshedpur: Around 12 Maoists have been
killed in the massive anti-Naxal operation launched jointly by security forces of Jharkhand and Orissa since Saturday in Saranda forest, a top police official said Monday.
Jharkhand Director General of Police Neyaz Ahmad said
that ten to 12 Maoists have been killed since Saturday, with
some of the bodies having been found.
Meanwhile, the Maoists blew up a hostel and panchayat
bhawan at Anandpur and triggered three landmine blasts in the
Tirilposhi jungle this morning, CRPF DIG Bhanu Pratap Singh
Security personnel had camped at the panchayat bhawan and hostel nearly two months ago.
Two helicopters, CRPF personnel, CoBRA personnel,
state armed police and district police together with
security men of neighbouring Orissa were taking part in the
The security personnel smashed two training camps, a
bunker and seized two weapons and five grenades.
Three securitymen have been killed in the operations
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- Watch: Astronaut Scott Kelly congratulates Expedition 48 Commander Jeff Williams on breaking record
- Terrific knock! Pakistani batsman Sharjeel Khan scores 3rd fastest 150 in ODI history – WATCH
- ICSI Professional Programme Examination Result June 2016 declared; check icsi.edu, Company Secretaries (CS) Examination Results
- 'Suicide attempt by Nirbhaya rape convict raises questions about jail security drills'
- Iranian Navy in 'unsafe' intercept of US destroyer: Official