130 landmines seized in anti-Maoist operation
Jamshedpur: In one of the biggest anti-Maoist operations in Jharkhand, security personnel seized 130 landmines planted on either side of a road near Palna dam in neighbouring Seraikela-Kharswan district on Saturday.
"We have recovered more than 130 landmines weighing one kg each and planted in series on both sides of Tata-Ranchi highway near Palna dam, a distance away from Naxal-hit Chowka and about 40 kms from here," Superintendent of Police Upendra Kumar told a news agency.
The landmines were planted to target the security personnel involved in anti-Maoist operation and were connected with codex wire.
In case of a blast, the explosives could have caused major damage in a radius of one km area within a fraction of second, he said.
Seraikela-Kharswan district police and CRPF have been continuously patrolling the Maoist-hit areas including Chowka under Chandil police station forcing the ultras to be on their toes.
Kumar, who led the search operation following a tip-off, said the search operation has been completed but none was arrested.
A bomb disposal squad either from Ranchi or Musaboni would arrive to defuse it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Massive relief for Central government employees; 7th Pay Commission notification issued
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many Christians, Hindus to Islam?
- REVEALED: How Virat Kohli motivated team on the field - Here's what stump mic picked up
- Katrina Kaif in her little 'Twilight' zone with Robert Pattinson! Pic inside
- Chinese demolitions at Buddhist institute draw fire