14 killed in Jharkhand road accidents
Hazaribagh/Gumla (Jharkhand): 14 persons were killed and 50 others injured in two separate road accidents in Hazaribagh and Gumla districts of Jharkhand on Thursday.
While eight people were killed and 20 injured when a mini-truck carrying labourers hit a tree in Hazaribagh, six of a marriage party died and over 36 wounded when the lorry in which they were travelling overturned in Gumla.
The Hazaribagh accident occurred when the driver lost control over the vehicle while negotiating a bend and it hit a tree after falling in a ditch near Fataf forest under Pelawal police station, SDO (Hazaribagh Sadar) Rajiv Ranjan said.
Six persons, including a woman, died on the spot while two others succumbed to their injuries in a hospital.
Of the 20 injured, the condition of 16 was stated to be serious and they were taken to the Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) in Ranchi, he said adding the driver managed to flee.
The victims were on their way from Barkagaon to Hazaribagh to join a road construction work.
In Gumla district, a lorry carrying a marriage party overturned near Adarghati under Ghagra police station killing four persons on the spot, SDO Girija Shankar Prasad said.
Two others died later, he said adding the seriously injured 13 persons were referred to RIMS.
The SDO said the lorry was on its way to Bishanpur from Chundri village.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India