17 landmines recovered in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Security forces recovered 17 landmines from a forest in Jharkhand`s Giridih district during a search operation on Tuesday, police said.
Police and Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) personnel had launched the search operation in Khaki forest of Giridih district, 190 km from here, early Tuesday morning.
The landmines were defused by the bomb disposal squad.
A police official said the landmines were planted by Maoists to target security forces.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Iran starts voting in parliament election run-offs
- North Korea gives Korean-American 10 years hard labour: Report
- Six minors killed in house blaze in Uttar Pradesh
- Shrinking US presence in Afghanistan creates security concerns: Report
- Bangladesh pacer Shahadat Hossain apologizes for torturing 11-year-old girl, asks for end to ban