17,500 paramilitary personnel for Jharkhand panchayat polls
New Delhi: The Centre has decided to dispatch
17,500 paramilitary force personnel to Jharkhand to provide
security during the five-phase panchayat polls beginning
10,000 central security personnel have already reached
Jharkhand while 7,500 others will reach the state in the first
week of December.
"The central forces will assist the state police to
provide security during the polling, especially in the Maoist
dominated areas," a Home Ministry official said.
The election to the local bodies in Jharkhand is being
held after 32 years as numerous court cases have delayed the
exercise. The five-phase voting will take place on Nov 27, Dec
6, Dec 13, Dec 20 and Dec 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot