17,500 paramilitary personnel for Jharkhand panchayat polls
New Delhi: The Centre has decided to dispatch
17,500 paramilitary force personnel to Jharkhand to provide
security during the five-phase panchayat polls beginning
10,000 central security personnel have already reached
Jharkhand while 7,500 others will reach the state in the first
week of December.
"The central forces will assist the state police to
provide security during the polling, especially in the Maoist
dominated areas," a Home Ministry official said.
The election to the local bodies in Jharkhand is being
held after 32 years as numerous court cases have delayed the
exercise. The five-phase voting will take place on Nov 27, Dec
6, Dec 13, Dec 20 and Dec 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth