17,500 paramilitary personnel for Jharkhand panchayat polls
New Delhi: The Centre has decided to dispatch
17,500 paramilitary force personnel to Jharkhand to provide
security during the five-phase panchayat polls beginning
10,000 central security personnel have already reached
Jharkhand while 7,500 others will reach the state in the first
week of December.
"The central forces will assist the state police to
provide security during the polling, especially in the Maoist
dominated areas," a Home Ministry official said.
The election to the local bodies in Jharkhand is being
held after 32 years as numerous court cases have delayed the
exercise. The five-phase voting will take place on Nov 27, Dec
6, Dec 13, Dec 20 and Dec 24.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev