17,500 paramilitary personnel for Jharkhand panchayat polls
New Delhi: The Centre has decided to dispatch
17,500 paramilitary force personnel to Jharkhand to provide
security during the five-phase panchayat polls beginning
10,000 central security personnel have already reached
Jharkhand while 7,500 others will reach the state in the first
week of December.
"The central forces will assist the state police to
provide security during the polling, especially in the Maoist
dominated areas," a Home Ministry official said.
The election to the local bodies in Jharkhand is being
held after 32 years as numerous court cases have delayed the
exercise. The five-phase voting will take place on Nov 27, Dec
6, Dec 13, Dec 20 and Dec 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder