18 more sentenced to prison in fodder scam case
Ranchi: A special CBI court on Tuesday awarded
prison terms to 18 people, including ten government officials,
of the 48 it had convicted in the fodder scam on December 10.
The court of S K Dubey awarded ex-Regional Director of
Animal Husbandry Department (AHD) Junul Bhengraj, ex-Assistant
Director K M Prasad, C K Lal and Sailendra Kumar Sinha six
years imprisonment, besides slapping a fine ranging between Rs
10 lakh to Rs 15 lakh on them.
Three former AHD officials Dukhit Ram, S N Verma and
Prabhat Kumar were given five years imprisonment and a fine of
Rs 5.2 lakh each.
Ex-AHD officer Gouri Shankar Prasad, ex-treasury
officers Prabhakar Kumar Ganguly and Jagdish Sharma each got
four-year prison terms. The court also imposed fine ranging
between Rs 2 lakh and Rs 22 lakh against them.
The rest eight were fodder suppliers, who were handed
terms ranging between three years and four years and a fine
ranging between Rs 15,000 and Rs 26 lakh.
The court had on December 10 held them guilty in case
no RC/44A/96 pertaining to fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 8.6
crore from Hotwar Poultry Farm in the early 90s. The court had
pronounced judgement against eight convicts on that day
The quantum of sentence for the rest 22 will be given
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30