18 more sentenced to prison in fodder scam case
Ranchi: A special CBI court on Tuesday awarded
prison terms to 18 people, including ten government officials,
of the 48 it had convicted in the fodder scam on December 10.
The court of S K Dubey awarded ex-Regional Director of
Animal Husbandry Department (AHD) Junul Bhengraj, ex-Assistant
Director K M Prasad, C K Lal and Sailendra Kumar Sinha six
years imprisonment, besides slapping a fine ranging between Rs
10 lakh to Rs 15 lakh on them.
Three former AHD officials Dukhit Ram, S N Verma and
Prabhat Kumar were given five years imprisonment and a fine of
Rs 5.2 lakh each.
Ex-AHD officer Gouri Shankar Prasad, ex-treasury
officers Prabhakar Kumar Ganguly and Jagdish Sharma each got
four-year prison terms. The court also imposed fine ranging
between Rs 2 lakh and Rs 22 lakh against them.
The rest eight were fodder suppliers, who were handed
terms ranging between three years and four years and a fine
ranging between Rs 15,000 and Rs 26 lakh.
The court had on December 10 held them guilty in case
no RC/44A/96 pertaining to fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 8.6
crore from Hotwar Poultry Farm in the early 90s. The court had
pronounced judgement against eight convicts on that day
The quantum of sentence for the rest 22 will be given
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok