21 landmines recovered in Latehar
Latehar : Twenty-one landmines planted serially on Kurung-Ganeshpur path in Latehar district were on Saturady recovered during anti-Maoist operation, the police said.
All the landmines weighing between one kg to ten kg were planted on the route to target security forces, superintendent of police Kranti Kumar told reporters.
He said the security forces discovered the explosives when they found a ten-kg IED planted near a well that led to the unearthing of the landmines.
He said the explosives would be defused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court