26 sentenced to prison in a fodder case
Ranchi: A special CBI court today
sentenced 26 persons, including ten former officials of the
animal husbandry department, to imprisonment for fraudulent
withdrawal of about Rs 67.49 lakh from Sahibganj treasury in
The court of justice G K Singh sentenced former Budget
and Accounts officer (AHD Patna) Braj Bhushan Prasad for five
years rigorous imprisonment and imposed a fine of Rs 6 lakh.
The court also awarded prison terms upto four years
and imposed varying penalty up to Rs 5 lakh to another nine
former AHD officials in the fodder case.
A total of sixteen suppliers were sentenced to prison
between one year and five years and the court slapped varying
Six persons were arrested immediately after the
A total of 25 out of 26 persons were present during
the judgment while the court issued warrants against the
All were on bail.
Advocate Shiv Kumar represented for the CBI, which
completed its 41th of the total 53 fodder cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city