26 sentenced to prison in a fodder case
Ranchi: A special CBI court today
sentenced 26 persons, including ten former officials of the
animal husbandry department, to imprisonment for fraudulent
withdrawal of about Rs 67.49 lakh from Sahibganj treasury in
The court of justice G K Singh sentenced former Budget
and Accounts officer (AHD Patna) Braj Bhushan Prasad for five
years rigorous imprisonment and imposed a fine of Rs 6 lakh.
The court also awarded prison terms upto four years
and imposed varying penalty up to Rs 5 lakh to another nine
former AHD officials in the fodder case.
A total of sixteen suppliers were sentenced to prison
between one year and five years and the court slapped varying
Six persons were arrested immediately after the
A total of 25 out of 26 persons were present during
the judgment while the court issued warrants against the
All were on bail.
Advocate Shiv Kumar represented for the CBI, which
completed its 41th of the total 53 fodder cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah