26 sentenced to prison in a fodder case
Ranchi: A special CBI court today
sentenced 26 persons, including ten former officials of the
animal husbandry department, to imprisonment for fraudulent
withdrawal of about Rs 67.49 lakh from Sahibganj treasury in
The court of justice G K Singh sentenced former Budget
and Accounts officer (AHD Patna) Braj Bhushan Prasad for five
years rigorous imprisonment and imposed a fine of Rs 6 lakh.
The court also awarded prison terms upto four years
and imposed varying penalty up to Rs 5 lakh to another nine
former AHD officials in the fodder case.
A total of sixteen suppliers were sentenced to prison
between one year and five years and the court slapped varying
Six persons were arrested immediately after the
A total of 25 out of 26 persons were present during
the judgment while the court issued warrants against the
All were on bail.
Advocate Shiv Kumar represented for the CBI, which
completed its 41th of the total 53 fodder cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Donald Trump calls for immediate closure of ''corrupt'' Clinton Foundation
- Hillary Clinton e-mail scandal: FBI discovers 15,000 more e-mails
- British police intercept drones flying drugs, cell phones into London prison
- My writing will never be the same, says author Perumal Murugan
- Japan's first lady makes first visit to Pearl Harbor