26 sentenced to prison in a fodder case
Ranchi: A special CBI court today
sentenced 26 persons, including ten former officials of the
animal husbandry department, to imprisonment for fraudulent
withdrawal of about Rs 67.49 lakh from Sahibganj treasury in
The court of justice G K Singh sentenced former Budget
and Accounts officer (AHD Patna) Braj Bhushan Prasad for five
years rigorous imprisonment and imposed a fine of Rs 6 lakh.
The court also awarded prison terms upto four years
and imposed varying penalty up to Rs 5 lakh to another nine
former AHD officials in the fodder case.
A total of sixteen suppliers were sentenced to prison
between one year and five years and the court slapped varying
Six persons were arrested immediately after the
A total of 25 out of 26 persons were present during
the judgment while the court issued warrants against the
All were on bail.
Advocate Shiv Kumar represented for the CBI, which
completed its 41th of the total 53 fodder cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months