294 Maoist guerrillas arrested in Jharkhand this year
Ranchi: The Jharkhand Police have arrested 294 Maoist guerrillas in the first five months of this year, police said here on Friday.
According to the data made available by police, a total of 294 Maoists were arrested from January 01 to May 31 against 211 during the same period last year and 160 the year before that.
Of the total arrested Maoists, 17 belong to their top leadership ranks, area commander and above.
In the period under review, a total of 181 Maoist incidents have been reported this year against 197 in 2012 and 202 in 2011.
Police claim to have killed 22 Maoist guerrillas from January 01 to May 31, but the bodies of only 10 Maoists have been recovered.
Police have also recovered 51 improvised explosive devices, 2,575 detonators, about 2,646 kg of explosives and Rs 1,63,000 in cash collected as levy by Maoists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- Karisma Kapoor just shared a major throwback picture with sister Kareena and we LOVE IT!
- Fungi show green way to recycle batteries
- 7th Pay Commission: Government employees likely to get revised allowances from October
- 'Nervous' Pakistan lodges FIR against Baloch leaders for 'supporting' PM Modi's statement on Balochistan
- Amnesty row: Karnataka Home Minister G Parameshwara takes U-turn, denies giving clean-chit