294 Maoist guerrillas arrested in Jharkhand this year
Ranchi: The Jharkhand Police have arrested 294 Maoist guerrillas in the first five months of this year, police said here on Friday.
According to the data made available by police, a total of 294 Maoists were arrested from January 01 to May 31 against 211 during the same period last year and 160 the year before that.
Of the total arrested Maoists, 17 belong to their top leadership ranks, area commander and above.
In the period under review, a total of 181 Maoist incidents have been reported this year against 197 in 2012 and 202 in 2011.
Police claim to have killed 22 Maoist guerrillas from January 01 to May 31, but the bodies of only 10 Maoists have been recovered.
Police have also recovered 51 improvised explosive devices, 2,575 detonators, about 2,646 kg of explosives and Rs 1,63,000 in cash collected as levy by Maoists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened