294 Maoist guerrillas arrested in Jharkhand this year
Ranchi: The Jharkhand Police have arrested 294 Maoist guerrillas in the first five months of this year, police said here on Friday.
According to the data made available by police, a total of 294 Maoists were arrested from January 01 to May 31 against 211 during the same period last year and 160 the year before that.
Of the total arrested Maoists, 17 belong to their top leadership ranks, area commander and above.
In the period under review, a total of 181 Maoist incidents have been reported this year against 197 in 2012 and 202 in 2011.
Police claim to have killed 22 Maoist guerrillas from January 01 to May 31, but the bodies of only 10 Maoists have been recovered.
Police have also recovered 51 improvised explosive devices, 2,575 detonators, about 2,646 kg of explosives and Rs 1,63,000 in cash collected as levy by Maoists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' joins Rs 200 crore club in India
- Now, AAP demands 'dope test' on parliamentarians
- 7th Pay Commission Notification: 10 key facts you must know
- Hrithik Roshan never takes his work for granted: Yami Gautam
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt notifies revised pay grades for employees, pensioners