32 landmines recovered in Jharkhand
Ranchi: A possible Maoist strike was averted in Jharkhand on the Republic Day Thursday with the recovery of 32 landmines from a jungle in Latehar district, police said.
The landmines, each weighing five kg, were planted in a row in Laap jungle of Latehar, some 130 km from Ranchi.
A police officer said the landmines were planted beneath an unpaved road used by police vehicles.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative