4 arrested in connection with killing of 65-yr-old woman in Jharkhand
Jamshedpur: Four persons have been arrested on Wednesday in connection with the killing of a 65-year-old tribal woman at Pitchli village in Potka last week, the police said on Wednesday.
The arrested persons were all belonged to the same village and killed the old woman allegedly for practicing witchcraft, police said.
Referring the incident, sources said a group of people barged into the house of Kaushalya Sardar and slit her throat in her sleep on February 12 last.
The victim, who was living alone, had been branded a witch since the death of her husband ten years ago.
All the arrested persons have confessed their crime and were being forwarded to jail, sources added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India